Our resources include Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and other information related to formulating, regulations, selling cosmetics, and more. You can find out how to formulate cosmetics for sensitive skin by using specific ingredients like vitamins and extracts. Learn about cosmetic ingredients that are unsafe to use when creating makeup or personal care products. We have the resources and ingredients you need to get started with formulating your own cosmetics!
If you are searching for free online resources about making or selling your own cosmetic products, you’ve come to the right place. For entrepreneurs, hobbyists, and big businesses alike, our library of resources can be a valuable place to begin or to refer back to. MakingCosmetics is here to support our clients in every way we can, and that includes compiling information that is useful in the industry, including formulating tips, guidance about legal and regulatory systems, cosmetic safety, and more.
We know it can be intimidating learning how to safely and successfully operate a beauty-based business, and you can count on us to help you along the way. Whether you are wondering how to formulate the perfect sunscreen, how to test your products for shelf stability, or how to sell your cosmetic line, we’ve got you covered. We have an expansive library of free cosmetic formulas, lists of frequently asked questions (FAQs), and industry guides on everything from purity grades and organic certifications to SPF calculations and GMOs in cosmetics.
You can take advantage of our resources here at MakingCosmetics, as well as find all the ingredients you need to create your own beauty products. Our team of chemists and other experts understands that the right knowledge is a powerful asset, and can save you both time and money. When you are adequately educated and prepared on things like formulas, troubleshooting, and regulations, you can set yourself up for success.
Check out our resources below, and reach out to us with your questions. We’re proud to be a part of your thriving business!
- Moisturizing Lotion with Ceramides
- Hair Conditioner Sensitive Skin
- Cocoa Butter Hand Cream Kit
- How to Color Lip Gloss Base
- Hair Mask Kit
- Hand Sanitizer Gel
- Cosmetic Thickeners Comparison
- Lux Skin Cream
- Self Tanning Mousse
- Liquid Matte Lipstick
- Dead Sea Mud Mask Kit
- How to Use a Lipstick Mold
- Charcoal Clay Mask Kit
- Exclusive Vitamin C Serum Kit
- How To Make Eye & Lip Liner
- Wetting Pigments
- Making Instant Cold Emulsion (ICE)
- Making a Clear Gel with Carbomer
- Making an Anti Wrinkle Eye Gel with Peptides
- Making Household Deodorizing Spray
- Making a Basic Shampoo
- How to Mix Hyaluronic Acid at 2%
- How to Make Vitamin C Serum
- How to Make Mineral Make up
- Making Extreme Hydrating & Firming Cream Gel
- Making Aloe Vera Face Cleansing Lotion Part 2 of 2
- Making Aloe Vera Face Cleansing Lotion Part 1 of 2
- Making Mild Kid's Shampoo